This 20-hour program introduces participants to the application process and the workplace expectations of a specific employer or high demand industry. This class is designed for young people starting an internship, apprenticeship or first job.
Types of Activities
- Team Meetings: through class discussions and small group exercises, participants learn what to expect in a specific workplace, training program or occupation (8 hours)
- Hands-on Project: participants practice problem solving, communication and time/task management skills while completing a work task or project (4 hours)
- Online Learning: in these self-paced activities, participants review the process for applying for a job, learn on the job safety and check their understanding of key concepts (4 hours)
- One-on-One Practice and Guidance: participants practice interview skills, write a resume and develop a “job keeping” plan one-on-one with program instructors (4 hours)
Learn more about the topics covered in the Orientation to Work program here.
- Job Openings
- Applications, Resumes and Cover Letters
- Job Interviews
- New Employee Orientation
- Time Schedules and Pay Statements
- Employee Evaluations
Interested in taking, mentoring or offering this class? Contact us…