Career pathways are a set of similar occupations that vary by skill and experience level. A career pathway demonstrates how increased levels of education or experience can lead to a higher salary and greater job security. The “career pathway” model:
- Illustrates the value of learning new skills throughout life;
- Provides an alternative to dead-end, low-wage jobs;
- Helps young people visualize a wider range of career options that meet their individual goals and interests.
Net Work classes and workshops help participants learn about career pathways through:
- One-on-one meetings with mentors who describe their own career pathway
- Exploration of local educational opportunities and campus tours
- Hands-on projects that simulate work tasks in a career field or industry
- Labor market research of local or regional occupations and industries
- Individual goal setting and career planning activities
Check out the career pathways in
Net Work classes and workshops here.